Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pins & Needles




Both kiddos napped today (and AT THE SAME TIME!) So I had a rare chunk of time this afternoon to do something by myself. I made a nice cup of coffee and hand hemmed one of the dresses in my "too long/needs to be hemmed/it stinks to be short sometimes" pile. (It's a pretty big pile.)

I enjoy sewing by hand, even though it takes so much longer than machine sewing. For some reason, every time I sit at a sewing machine my blood starts to boil and within minutes I'm having an emotional breakdown. I wonder what a therapist would have to say about that?

I'm really enjoying getting back into the swing of blogging. Blogging forces me to think more creatively and that is so good for my brain. Being so busy with the kids and the house, I find it's easy to let go of all creative outlets and when I start doing that I end up depressed. Blogging makes me remember to use my camera more often, and to just think about what I'm thinking, (does that make sense to anyone?) It's good for me to organize what goes through my head and put it into actual sentences and phrases, even if no one reads it but me. And even if its something as trivial as what we're eating for dinner...or how after years of insisting I would NEVER read anything by Stephanie Meyers, I finally broke down in a very weak moment at the library yesterday when I saw they had a paperback copy of Twilight.

Because my brain so badly wants to relive the magic that was The Hunger Games trilogy, and the devil on my shoulder keeps insisting very loudly and annoyingly that Twilight may give me the same kick.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!