Thursday, September 20, 2012

September MyGlam [Now Ipsy] Review



This month's MyGlam subscription bag (their company is now called Ipsy) was better than August's, (though the bag itself wasn't that cute.) I was thrilled that it came with a professional eye brush!


September Contents:

1. London SoHo New York Smudge Brush

2. jane. Sparkle Gloss (in Sparkle Pink)

3. Circus By Andrea's Choice Nailpolish (in Tightrope)

4. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer

5. Mirabella Eye Shadow (in Semi-Formal)


So, the "good" - again, I love the eye shadow brush. I've (embarrassingly) always used q-tips to apply makeup and after getting really frustrated when I couldn't achieve the look I wanted with them I've finally dipped my toe into the world of makeup brushes (which I've found are expensive and really confusing.) This looks like a really good brush and I can't wait to experiment with it.

I'm excited to try the split end sealer by Carol's Daughter. (I thought that brand name was kind of funny because my Mom's name is Carol, haha.) In May I bleached most of the bottom half of my hair to get an ombre effect and it went horribly, horribly wrong. I ended up dying over it, and my hair has not been the same since then. It's very dry and I'm very susceptible to split ends, so it will be interesting to see if this stuff helps.

I also like the color of this month's nail polish a lot more than last month's traffic-cone shade. And the Mirabella eye shadow is a lovely, shimmery brown.

Now, the "bad" - I am a bit disappointed in the lipgloss by "jane." It is so, so sticky and heavy, and the color is just "meh" (though I have to say, it does smell pretty darn good.) 

I also kind of raised an eyebrow at being sent another nail polish by the same brand. It would have been nice to have gotten something new.

But overall, it was another fun experience and I'm going to stick it out and get an October bag. 

Do you do any subscription packages? What are your experiences with them? I'd love to hear about them!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!