Thursday, November 22, 2012

26 Things I'm Thankful For

1. 26 years of life on this crazy but beautiful earth.

2. God's Word and teachers who help make it come alive.

3. My ever patient, ever so handsome husband, Matt. I still can't believe how lucky I am to be with him. 6 years next month!

4. Olive, who challenges me (in good ways and bad bust mostly good) and keeps me laughing all day.

5. Silas, who lets me snuggle and kiss him all day long without showing too much annoyance. 

5. A strong body that tends to treat me pretty well as long as I take extra good care of it. Fair enough.

6. Loving family and in-laws.

7. Wonderful friends, especially my girl friends who let me talk their ears off and occasionally sneak me away so I can have some grown up time!

8. Being able to stay home with my kids (and that my husband has been blessed with a good job that he also really loves.) I never, ever want to take this blessing for granted!

9. That my husband can work from HOME! Even though we do all get on each others nerves every once in awhile, it's still a dream come true.

10. That I live in the USA and even if I sometimes feel my beliefs and values are being belittled, mocked and and bullied at least I still have the freedom to say what I believe.

11. For almost 3 years of living la vida gluten free and feeling so much better for it!

12. For coffee. Particularly iced Americanos.

13. For our family doctor who has helped our family through some scary times the last 2 years.

14. For our reliable car.

15. For my treadmill. It takes the brunt of a lot of frustration and anger, and afterwards always makes me feel better. My treadmill has become a friend and a therapist of sorts. 

16. For Netflix. 

17. And Spotify.

18. And Instagram!

19. For date nights.

20. For the really hard times. You know the ones - we all go through them. They're the ones that leave us crying on our bathroom floors. They're what God uses to bring beautiful growth and wisdom.

21. For my lactation consultant, Jane, who took upon herself the role of being my interim "mother" when I so desperately needed a mother after Silas was born. A lot of tears were shed on Jane's shoulder, and she took such good care of me. If I ever have another daughter, she might just be named for Jane.

22. For my camera, and all the fun we have together.

23. For American Apparel jersey pocket skirts. I swear, every girl should own at least one.

24. For a year of pretty good health for our family, and only a few cavities.

25. For coconut oil. I declare, it will just about solve anything. So let it be written, so let it be done.

26. For blogs that inspire me to be the very best version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!