Tuesday, January 29, 2013

29 [Otherworldly]



Today was extremely weird. It started with a very noisy thunderstorm at 3:30 AM. Then the temperature warmed up to 60*F. And then Matt was able to take an afternoon break so we could drive up to the lake while the weather was so mild. When we got to the lake, it felt like we had arrived on a different planet (or possibly in Twin Peaks.) Fog so thick, you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you. On the beach you couldn't even see the lake, but you could hear it, sloshing icily upon icy rocks. The whole shoreline was frozen. I've never seen anything so strange in my life. Out on the pier, you could see all sizes of chunks of ice bobbing in slow motion with the waves. I could go on and on. It was an amazing experience and I will never forget it. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!