Friday, April 12, 2013

Heavenly Peace



One of my favorite parts of being a mom is watching my kids sleep.

And this is not for the most obvious reason of catching a breather while they catch their z's.

It's those times where I look at them asleep and unaware that I can really sit back and marvel at the miracle of them.

There was a time a long time ago where I was so sure that having children was just not written in God's story for us. We tried such a long time to get pregnant, and then miscarried our first baby. That time period seems all blurry in my mind now, like a dream.

Now here we are with two children and life's fast and dizzying - and I'm convicted in the moments when I watch the children sleep that I need to remember those days before they were. Those days where I felt so sad and anxious.

God is good. His plans are never easy, but they are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!