Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Few More From Chicago


When we visited Chicago a while back, I wasn't really sure what we should try to see since our time was limited, we had never been there before, and our kids get tired out pretty easily.

I did know that I'd like to see "The Bean" if we could, and I'm glad we were able to stop and look at it really quick on our way to find lunch downtown!



I was impressed with how clean this part of downtown Chicago was, especially during the height of summer tourism season. I was also struck by how wide the streets and avenues were. Everything just seemed bigger in Chicago, compared to the big cities I've visited on the east coast. Of course the buildings and architecture were a sight to behold - my neck was sore the next day from looking up so much. ;)





If anyone knows their way around Chicago fairly well and can recommend family friendly things to do, I'd love to hear your suggestions and stories! I'm grateful we live close enough to make easy day trips into the city, and can't wait to go back and do some exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!