Monday, June 23, 2014

28



Yesterday was my birrrf-day.

So how does "28" feel, you ask? A heck-of-a lot closer to 30 than 27 felt, that's for sure. 

And as mother's luck would have it, I woke up with a summer cold yesterday - fever, sore throat and uncontrollable sneezing. But it's ok, because...

-Matt brought me home my favorite cookie and a coffee, which I ate unashamedly for breakfast.

-Olive wrote me a "little-bit-scary" book about a mother that turns into a dragon. (Hmm.)

-I successfully held myself back from interfering as I watched Matt suffer through baking a german chocolate birthday cake, which entailed at least 6 different trips to the grocery store and multiple start overs. (In the end it turned out amazing.)

-Matt forgot to get ice cream, which meant we had to get little sundaes from Captain Sundaes after eating our cake. I didn't complain. (But I will tomorrow when my pants won't button.)

-Matt surprised me, (and I mean REALLY surprised me,) with BALLROOM DANCING CLASSES. I'm still reeling from that one. I am so excited!

-Matt's Aunt Mary called me, and we had a nice long catch up. I love her.

-My friend Brooke stopped over right before bedtime with beautiful yellow roses. So, so sweet.

So basically, it was an epic birthday!

I'm really, really thankful for this new year, and most of all that I get to spend it with the people I love most. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!