Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Rediscovering Childhood Favorites


Did you ever read Maud Hart Lovelace's "Betsy" books as a child? They were some of my favorites growing up. I just started reading "Betsy-Tacy and Tib" with Olive and it has been so much fun! Olive's really connecting with the characters and adventures and it brings me back to being a little girl, enjoying long summer days with my nose in a good book.


Sharing my favorite books with my kids is one of my greatest pleasures. My mom read out loud to me constantly as a kid, and those are some of my most treasured childhood memories. Some classic children's-lit characters feel as close to me as family, they're that special to me. 

Some of the books I'm eagerly anticipating reading with Olive in the coming years:









There are so many, many more to add to the list! There is so much fantastic children's literature out there!

What books were your favorites as a child? What books do you love reading to your kids?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!