Sunday, January 25, 2015

No News Is Good News


This has been a weird month. The bad has been really, really bad - BUT - the good has been really, REALLY good!

The bad: we've all been taking turns being sick. No one has escaped, and it seems like just when one bug ends and we all breathe a sigh of relief and say "whew, we survived," not a moment later someone is down with a new bug. Hi January - why you so mean to us? 

The good: January has been a good month in learning discipline, tackling bad habits and learning new things. I think it's more than just the full-steam-ahead excitement of following new resolutions - I can see in Matt and myself a strong desire to really be committed to health in 2015 - physically, spiritually and mentally. I think we're off to a good start. This month I've hit my yoga mat at home at least 3-4 times a week. I've learned that waiting for Olive in the school parking lot is the ideal, reliable quiet time I need to study the Bible on a regular basis (seriously, this has been a life changer for me.) And through it all I've been able to totally wean myself off a medication I had been taking for PPD that is really hard to wean off of - a HUGE answer to prayer. All in all, sickness and cabin fever be darned, I'd have to say January has been a good month...

...But it's also been a pretty uninspiring month. Blogging has fallen to the wayside in the midst of all this, and I'm missing it. Some inspiration is heading my way soon, however - did you catch the clue in the picture above? 

Next week I'm leaving the U.S. for the first time in my life! Matt is taking me with him on a work trip to London and we're taking an extra couple of days to go grab a quick peek of Paris. I'm still in shock that this is actually happening and something I get to do in this season of life. I'm having a bit of a hard time wrapping my brain around it. I'm planning on documenting the heck out of the whole trip, and you can count on me to over-share all of it when I get back!

Until then, you can find me trying to read alllll the Rick Steves' guides while simultaneously watching You Tube videos on how to pack for 10 days in a carry on bag and not look like an American tourist in Europe. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Eek! I hope you're all feeling 100% soon! I've been sick for over a week now too. There's something going around :( January seems like it was a good month for you! I'm glad you're able to find time for you amongst your busy schedule!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!