Friday, July 10, 2015

Olive Says...


"Mom, don't you want to have another baby?"
"Not really..."
"But Mom, don't you miss pumping?!"

"Mom, were you born during the time of slavery?"

Overheard fighting over a toy...
"You give me that back or I'll see you HANGED!"
(Thanks Disney's "Pocohontas" for that new phrase.)

"Dad, can we tell the manager that it's Mom's birthday tomorrow?"
"What manager?"
"You KNOW - the big bald manager at church!"
(The fact that our 6 year old apparently doesn't know the word "pastor" reflects awesomely on Matt and I, we know we know...)

Speaking of birthdays, this was my most favorite gift this year...


"Do we have to put peckins in the frosting?"
"The what?!"
"PECKINS!"
(She meant pecans. We will forever call them "peckins" now in this household.)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. As a teacher I have to say that kids really do say the darnest things!!! Your Olivia is so darling!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. These are all adorable and hilarious. Peckins!!! I love the name Olive, too. This post just makes me even more anxious for the day when our little baby starts talking. Kid quotes are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I'd love to hear from you!